Monday, March 01, 2010

Vampire Kisses

This past weekend has been a blur.


I went and donated blood on Saturday. It was the first time I had a male nurse, and believe me I would donate as often as I could if all nurses were as sweet (and in his case cute too) as he was.

Normally I get the old plump ladies who have lost the human aspect of their work. Nothings worst then being treated like a bag of blood when you’re donating.

I have O negative blood type, so my blood goes to help everyone.


Here are some facts on donating Blood;

1. Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood

2. More than 38,000 blood donations are needed every day

3. One out of every 10 people admitted in a hospital needs blood

4. Total blood transfusions in a given year: 14 million (2001)

Facts about donors

34. The #1 reason donors say they give blood is because they "want to help others"

35. Two most common reasons cited by people who don't give blood are: "Never thought about it" and "I don't like needles"

36. One donation can help save the lives of up to 3 people

37. If you began donating blood at age 17 and donated every 56 days until you reached 76, you would have donated 48 gallons of blood, potentially helping save over 1,000 lives!

38. Red Cross donors are 50% male, 50% female

39. The American Red Cross accepts blood donations only from voluntary donors

40. Among Red Cross donors in a given year, 18% donate occasionally, 38% are first time donors, and 43% are repeat and loyal donors

41. People with O- type blood are universal donors. Their blood can be given to people of all blood types. Only 7% of people in the U.S. have O- blood type

42. Type O- blood is often used in emergencies before the patient's blood type is known, and with newborns who need blood.


To Donate or learn more about donating blood check out the Red Cross.

After Donating I visited a few, well four fabric shops. Pacific Fabrics, Joann’s, Creative Quilter and Gee Gees Quilt shop. None of them had the fabric I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment